Ukrainian Embroidered Towel (Rushnyk)
Wedding ryshnik is an ancient and very beautiful tradition, which has remained relevant even now. It serves not only as an accessory item, but a powerful amulet and symbol of the common path, protects the newlyweds from the evil eye, protects the home, maintain the family fortune.
Even in the last century, the brides alone embroidered a ryshnik for the wedding. The purchase was out of the question, and to borrow or to hand over was considered as a negative sign, even today. After all, the soul is handed over with someone’s ryshnik. The only permissible exceptions were rushniki that belonged to grandparents, who lived together for a long time and in harmony. They were not transferred, but were only used as inspiration for embroidery. Following the stitches, the girl put good energy into her own work. The whole drawing shouldn’t be totally copied, even a few stitches copied from the grandmother's ryshnik will make the marriage happier.
But times have changed, some traditions have become a thing of the past, other technologies have replaced them. Because of lack of experience or time, modern brides prefer to buy the ryshnik, rather than embroider it thenself. In our catalog there is a wide assortment of stylish and original ryshnik, which will add an element of traditional character to the holiday! Our ryshnik is embroidered with modern machines-without negative thoughts)).
A number of rules our ancestors kept to are still relevant. It is advisable to take them into account while choice:
• Since the ryshnik symbolizes the path of family life and during the ritual is spread out under your feet, make sure that the couple is comfortable to step on the ryshnik. The optimal size of the ryshnik is 1.8-2 m, width - 35-40 cm;
• Use a single piece of cloth, because the family is a unity, and its road is doesn’t cut anywhere.
• When buying the ryshnik, pay attention to its underside. If the tight sidel is for people (actions), the wrong side is for God (thoughts). Both parts should be neat, without any tangles or knots. In successful family life actions and thoughts must always coincide.
• The place in the center is white, without any patterns, so that God can sanctify it with power and light, blessing the way of a married couple.
You will need four ryshniks:
• The wedding one, which is spread under the feet of young people during the wedding ceremony and in the registry office and the couple takes their first step into a joint life;
• For icons - for the rite of blessing by parents. One ryshnik for the groom's icon, one for the bride's icon.
• Hospitable - for the round loaf;
• To bind hands.
All of them are distinguished by attractive ornaments, and also convey the idea. For example, wedding ryshnik often has plants on it. The most popular patterns are grapes, lilies, oak leaves, viburnums. They symbolize wealth, love, family happiness.
Ryshnik for icons - differs one from another. The male ones usually depict acorns, hops, geometric shapes. Women ones are decorated with flowers. This is the only kind of ryshnik that is not stored in a secret place, they are framed by icons.
Hpspitable rushnik - the brightest and most colorful, there are no restrictions in the ornament.
The ryshnik for binding hands symbolizes the family unity. The variety of ornaments, wishes and initials of the couple are allowed.
In our store you will find the variety of wedding accessories, for every taste and demand. We will help you to make this day even happier!